12.24.2022

We're Here Tonight, and That's Enough

Very glad we beat the Northeastern flight cancellations (not to mention my own fears of a plane crash) and made it to my parents' earlier this week. Glad to be seeing more family tomorrow. Glad for this Matt Labash piece from the past, though maybe I should note that even my weird relatives may not be as weird as his. 

After the girls went to bed tonight, Mom and Eric and I looked at baby pictures and video clips of both of them, and Dad, Mom, and I also watched video of them being part of the group of kids doing hand motions to "Joy to the World" last week in church. They (the girls) were very cute on all counts, of course.

It's been a weird and tiring year in some ways, but not a bad one overall. Even with what I wish had happened or will in 2023, I'm still grateful for how it's turned out. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, and also, a little cautiously, to the upcoming new year.