12.18.2013

Full Circle

[I know I've already posted something similar to parts of this on Facebook, but whatever.]

If I'm correct (and for a couple of reasons I think I am), a year ago today was when I interviewed for the job that I have right now.

Today, that year later, I spent most of my day sitting on an interview panel.

On the panel, you understand, not in the interview seat. My position wasn't the one up for interview. I'm still possibly the newest member of the full-time English-department staff (depending on how you look at it - I don't mean this with any animosity, but it's probably simpler not to ask).

But this week, I get to help decide who gets to have that honor next.

Fittingly, and thinking of that interview (although not realizing yet that it'd been exactly a year before), I decided to wear the same dress shirt today that I did back then.

I praise God for a year full of blessings.